Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:04:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Nick Twaddell <ntwaddel@webspacesolutions.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: page fault on FreeBSD 5.1 -RELEASE

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Nick Twaddell wrote:
> I downloaded the 5.1 -RELEASE isos yesterday and tried to install them
> on my server.  My server is an IBM Xseries 330 server with an IBM
> ServeRAID 4LX Raid card.  I tried it with and without ACPI kernels and
> both resulted in a panic.  Here is the error..

> Fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
> Instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xc29ee760
> Stack pointer		= 0x10:0xcd33fce4
> Frame pointer		= 0x10:0xcd33fd0c
> Code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
> 			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
> Processor eflags	= interupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
> Current process 	= 29 (irq9: ahc0 ips0)
> Trap number		= 12
>
> Panic = page fault
>
> Did I do something wrong or is there a problem with the driver? :(

I can't see an invalid eip, ebp, or esp in the above page fault.  It would
really help if you could get a backtrace ("tr" when you have DDB enabled).
BTW, re@ people:  could we add an option (under a sysctl but on by default
in the release) that does a backtrace on page fault?  We already have the
backtrace code accessible w/o DDB I believe.

-Nate