Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 2000 10:48:40 -0400
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>, Mikhail Teterin <mi@video-collage.com>
Cc:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: erroneous messages filtering ((no subject))

On Sun, 02 Apr 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Brandon D. Valentine wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Apr 2000, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
>
> >>  It's actually quite easy. The problem  is that those kinds of filters
> >> are either so restrictive that they filter posts that they should not,
> >> or so loose as to not really be of much use.
> >
> >I'd come up with  a filter to defeat this claim, but  I'm afraid it will
> >not be employed anyway...
> >
> >	-mi
>
> As far as I'm concerned there are better ways for the project to spend
> its time than catering to the demands of those too lazy to setup their
> own procmail filters.  The original poster can filter his own mail.
>
> Brandon D. Valentine

And as far as I'm concerned, it's people like you that are the
down-side of these lists. Apparently you consider cluttering this list
with a venomous opinion which no one is interested in hearing as a
better way of spending your time, rather than offering anything
constructive.

How do you know the poster hasn't already made an attempt to solve the
problem? Not all of us are oh so smart as you, and use these lists to
try and obtain help for problems which have stymied us. This is a much
better use of the list than the one which you are using.

Maybe this question is beneath your contempt, but I for one would have
been interested in a solution, and I am sure there are many more like
myself.

If you consider it a waste of your time to provide an answer to
questions such as these, then please do us all a favor by going one
step further by considering it a waste of your time in making a reply
of any kind.

--
Walter Brameld

Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
Walter:    And what does THIS button do??