Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 17:43:53 -0600 (CST)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        "Robert D. Hughes" <rob@robhughes.com>
Cc:        OutBack Dingo <dingo@microbsd.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Block WWW advertizing banners & auto spawn web pages usingipfilt er or ipfw

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Robert D. Hughes wrote:

> Well its a task I think id like to host/take on, now who wants to join
> in supporting/coding it ??
>
> On Thu, 2001-12-27 at 15:06, Stephen Hovey wrote:
> > Someone should start a popup:ip:advert DNS site like the email
> blackhole
> > list!

	It would be nice if it was a "plugin module" to squid or similar,
	instead of a seperate package.  squid is a very popular proxy
	and this might be a good way to combine junkbuster and your
	rbl-like features with it into 1 sweet-ass package.

	I'm not familiar with junkbuster, but it would be a good place to
	start, I guess.  A little research might reveal that this idea is
	a work in progress...so you don't have to "reinvent the wheel".

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
 - Don't mind me...I'm just sniffing your packets