Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:28:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help, help, help with gconf?

gconfd-2 continues to crash with signal 6, or signal 11, taking down
evolution with it, every hour at least.  This is highly annoying... I
don't believe that this is a hardware problem because I have the
-exact- same problem with another system.

I have tried

  - rebuilding everything

  - remove all ~/.gconf* and ~/.gnome* directories

  - removing everything in /var/tmp and /tmp

and I still have problems with gconfd-2.  Very discouraging after
-years- of mostly good stuff going on.

I did upgrade this system from gnome 2.12 (and so on, from previous
systems).

Anything I can do that might help?  Any files that I should nuke???

The only 'funny' thing I might be doing is I have

WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=yes
CPUTYPE=athlon64

set in /etc/make.conf, but that's only for one system, the other
doesn't have these options set.

- Mike H.