Date:      Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:04:41 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h@schmalzbauer.de>
To:        andris@multicom.lv, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with Sil 680 RAID card

--Boundary-02=_+7zz/dPGMgBOH7I

On Thursday 04 December 2003 09:07, Andris wrote:
> OK, stable don't support it. How about 5.1-RELEASE?

Wrong. -stable does support it. You have to use "atacontrol" to create RAID=
=20
arrays.
(for mirror e.g: 'atacontrol create RAID1 ad4 ad6' 'atacontrol status ar0')
Rebuilding is a bit complex. You have to do a 'atacontrol detach=20
"channelOfTheFailedDrive"'
and 'atacontrol attach "channelOfTheFailedDrive"' then 'atacontrol rebuild=
=20
ar0'

Of course also 5.x supports the 0680!

Why do you post such answers? It's wrong!

=2DHarry

--Boundary-02=_+7zz/dPGMgBOH7I

--Boundary-02=_+7zz/dPGMgBOH7I--