Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:50:01 -0600
From:      Tim Judd <tajudd@gmail.com>
To:        Konrad Heuer <kheuer2@gwdg.de>
Subject:   Re: The question of moving vi to /bin

<snip>

> 20 years ago, I've written and edited voluminous fortran code on a silly
> rs232 terminal using ed. So, it is possible, and one can learn basics of
> ed in less than a hour. Don't you think so?

Not when editors like ee and vi are available and more spoken of in
today's topics.

And I know it was mentioned, but the OP seems to have ignored or
refused to acknowledge /rescue/vi which is in the / partition as it's
defaulted partitioned.  Why are we still talking about /usr/bin/vi
(dynamically linked) when /rescue/vi (statically linked) is both in /
and would work for us?