Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 00:45:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape/Linux on FreeBSD an other horrors ...

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, O. Hartmann wrote:

>Well ... We use FreeBSD for about 5 years on our boxes and throughout today it has
>been never fixed that Netscape crashes all the day! It is not only a problem of "one"
>port, either the Linux port (why using Linux port? I have a BSD operating system, a
>UNIX, not a nasty Linux!!!), or BSDI port - all the day the same, on all machines:
>crashing, crashing! I now, this type of error reporting is not of what could be helped on,
>but the diagnostics are always the same. SIG 11, SIG 10. On different machines, different
>installations and the likelyhood of commiting everywhere the same mistake is very small ...

I was banging my head against the wall on this one too.  Check your
XF86Config.  Make sure you have BOTH scaled and unscaled fonts:

	FontPath	"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
	FontPath	"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"

Netscape would crash every time until I corrected this. You might even
get away with just defining the 75dpi fonts with scaled and unscaled.