Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:20:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      brooks@one-eyed-alien.net
To:        Sam Zamarripa <samz@oz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bridging and Stable

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Sam Zamarripa wrote:

> Is bridging still extremely buggy? Both my NIC's in the freebsd box are
> "XL" drivers and the man page on bridge says its reported. Anybody have any
> clue what might be going on? Any help is appreciated.

I think I can safely say it works fine (unless someone broke it recently,
which seems unlikely). I've got it running with to fxp (Intel) cards in a
situation very similar to the one you appear to be describing. As far as I
can tell, all you have to do is turn it on and it works.

Since it appears you only have two hosts I have to wonder, why not sell
off one of the extra xl's and buy a 4-5 port hub so both hosts are on
directly attached?  Obviously that eliminates firewalling, but it would
eliminate a bunch of complexity.

-- Brooks