Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:21:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Peter C. Wallace" <pcw@mesanet.com>
To:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netpliance Iopener

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Chad R. Larson wrote:

> As I recall, dreamwvr wrote:
> > hi,
> >    trying hard to get one from a direct manufacturer know of any?
>
> The one that arrived yesterday was obtained from
>
>   http://www.netpliance.com
>
> Go to the "buy one" tab.
>
> Also, Circuit City is listed as the only retailer to carry them.
> They're sold out, but took an order (with deposit) from me on 3/17.

	I just got one from Circuit City (of three ordered on March 13)
The BIOS (SST 256X8 I think) has been epoxied in the socket. This was
easily done since they did not have to disasemble the IOpener, just open
the expansion memory door. My guess is that the boot from (external)
option has ben disabled in the BIOS but I haven't played with it yet. The
IDE connector is still there.  Does anyone have any experience with
(post-linux-hack) IOpeners?

> As to "direct manufacturer", the box says "made in Tiawan".  I
> suspect they are contract built and unavailable through any channels
> other than the two above.
>
> 	-crl
> --
> Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
> chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net
> DCF, Inc. - 14623 North 49th Place, Scottsdale, Arizona 85254-2207

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics