Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:43:13 -0800
From:      "Vinod Kashyap" <vkashyap@amcc.com>
To:        Jeff Soule <jsoule@webcrossing.com>, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Problems with 4.10 Release and "supported" hardware

I have seen this problem when trying to install 4.10 on a SuperMicro
motherboard.  It was not just the 3ware controller that was not
getting detected, no other PCI controller would get detected either.
This was irrespective of whether the 3ware controller was plugged in
or not.  Do you see other PCI controllers (pci0, pci1 etc.)in the boot
messages?

The work around I found for this was to not hit 'Enter' immediately
after the 'Kernel Configuration Menu' shows up.  Wait on that menu
for about 20 seconds, and then continue.  You should be able to see
the controller and its attached devices.