Date:      Tue, 16 Aug 2016 13:45:04 +0100
From:      krad <kraduk@gmail.com>
To:        Jonathan Moore <jdm7dv@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Playing Blu-Ray Discs

Last time a looked you wont be able to. It's down to the licencing, and
copy protection certifications you need to decrypt the disks. Basically the
big boys have locked opensource out of the picture. Thats why there isnt
much out there on linux either.  If you have an unencrypted disk though,
something like vlc would probably work sort of it you pointed it at the
relevant file. I'm not sure about playing the disk in the structure the
authors intended as not much work has been done there due to the above
issues. There may be some mileage in running something under wine, but then
you have a horribly complicated setup. Best bet is just to get a cheap
standalone player as it will save you a lot of time and hassle.