Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:00:51 +0200
From:      Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
To:        Antony T Curtis <antony.t.curtis@ntlworld.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux JRE 1.4 under linux compatibility only runs as root

Antony T Curtis wrote:

> I gave this a go patching both sched_getscheduler and sched_getparam on
> -STABLE...
>
> The result: jdk1.4 works well on non-root account (tested running Java2D
> demo and SwingSet2)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Richard Seaman, Jr. wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 03:07:48PM -0700, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
>

> <snip>
>

>> Not hard at all.  The perms in sched_getscheduler in -stable are silly.
>> (also sched_getparam).  Just try changing it to something like the patch
>> below (note that I don't have a stable system at the moment, so I don't
>> guarantee it works, nor that it even compiles -- take it as a guide
>> only).
>

> <snip>

Hi Antony,

Could you post your patch? I tried Richard's patch on a 4.5 system, but
unfortunately without succes.

Marc.
Marc van Kempen               tel. +31 40 2 64 98 60
BowTie Technology     	      fax. +31 40 2 64 98 61
Raiffeisenstraat 7             mailto:marc@bowtie.nl
5611 CH  Eindhoven              http://www.bowtie.nl