Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:46:13 +0800 (SGT)
From:      mirror-maintainer@mirror.averse.net
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HTTP access to ftpX.freebsd.org

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Joao Carlos Mendes Luis wrote:

> David O'Brien wrote:
> > Are any of the ftp*.freebsd.org servers willing to also offer files thru
> > the HTTP protocol besides ftp?  Corporate firewalls are getting more and
> > more hostile to FTP; but of course there is no way they can't not support
> > "web".
> As of today, ftp.br.freebsd.org can also be reached by http.  I wonder
> why I've never had this idea before.   :-(

For what it's worth, ftp.sg.freebsd.org can now be reached by http too,
via http://ftp.sg.freebsd.org/freebsd, although 4.7 is not available yet
because I mirror from sunsite.dk and they don't seem to have it up yet ;)

> must agree on a format for the directories. I chose to use the
> /pub/FreeBSD as root, so one cannot see anything other than FreeBSD
> files in here.

Agreeing on a format would be great.  Should we go with the defacto
.../pub/FreeBSD/ ?