Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:57:44 -0500
From:      Nathan Alan Souer <nate@nathansouer.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X Windows Mouse Issues

Greetings,
    I am running 4.9 on a Pavilion N5210. 650 Celeron. 192 megs of ram.
Savage S3 video card, Direct X in windows reports it as 4 megs of
dedicated video memory. Whenever X windows loads instead of a mouse
cursor, I get a .75 inch square of distortion. The rest of the display
comes up great. This happens in all the desktop managers I've tried: the
default vanilla x, KDE, and XFce. It even happens in Red Hat 9! However
I do not get the problem in any version of windows. The kernal is
installed as default. The mouse is configured using the moused daemon. x
is using sysmouse. my monitor is set to specs from hewlett-packard:
resolution, refresh, and color depth. I'm worried that this is a video
memory limitation which would be unfortunate I don't want windows on
this laptop!
Thanks everyone in advance,
Nathan