Date:      Tue, 05 Aug 2008 18:14:17 +0100
From:      vangogh <bitsnstuff101@tiscali.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Complete System Freeze when log out of X session

My laptop has xorg 7.3 on Freebsd 7.
My xorg.conf file has:
Section "Device"
    Identifier "card0"
    Driver "vesa"
    VendorName "S3 Inc"
    BoardName "VT8375 [ProSavage8 KM266/KL266]"
    BusID   "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Problem is when I log out of gnome my system freezes completely and
control+alt+backspace does not work. The keyboard becomes totally
unresponsive and i must unplug the system to turn it off. I have
searched this problem and seen that posts appear in the archives back in
2006 about this issue. However, I cannot find any solution. Can someone
please point me in the right direction for a solution to this please?