Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2006 21:09:41 +0200
From:      Alex de Kruijff <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ClamAV upgrade

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 06:36:00PM +0300, Toomas Aas wrote:
> Darryl Hoar wrote:
>
> >evidently I don't have freshclam installed on
> >the system as /usr/local/etc/rc.d does not
> >contain clamac-freshclam.
>
> As you mmention, you have ClamAV 0.83. If it is installed from FreeBSD
> ports/packages, this old version didn't have separate startup script for
> freshclam, but the freshclam binary itself should still exist (use
> 'which freshclam' to find it).
>
> That being said, you really should update to newer version, 0.83 is
> quite old.
>
> >Is there any trick to installing freshclam ?
> >Or do I just use /usr/ports ?
>
> Just use ports (to upgrade ClamAV). Freshclam is part of ClamAV.

Afther updating your sources you could upgrade easy with portupgrade
clamav if you installed the port portupgrade. If you haven't then it
wise to install this port.

--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.

Howtos based on my personal use, including information about
setting up a firewall and creating traffic graphs with MRTG
http://alex.kruijff.org/FreeBSD/