Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:00:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Patrick Goodwill <goodwill@cheese.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   servname not supported for ai_socktype

To all:

I have a rather strange problem, if any of you can help, i'd be most
appreciative.

I'm currently running freebsd 4.0.  It was working like a charm until,
randomly, TELNET and FTP stopped working, but SSH continues to work.
Since I usually use SSH, i don't know when / what broke them.

Whenever I try and use telnet or ftp, my system responds, "servname not
supported for ai_socktype".  It also refuses incoming connections... but
only to TELNET and FTP, HTTP still accepts with no qualms.

Any ideas?

Patrick.