Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:18:23 +0200
From:      "fritz.heinrichmeyer" <fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        "F. Heinrichmeyer" <fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de>
Subject:   K7s5a,SIS-900,Eumex724 does not work

Now that i have a new home network i activated the on board SIS-900 NIC
for a k7s5a motherboard. I replaced a BNC based network with today
common STP cable network

I have no sufficient access to my dsl router/internet under FreeBSD with
the SIS-900 onboard NIC. The DSL router is a combined router/telephone
system (EUMEX724). About 50 % of data packets are erroneous. I already
played with MTU=1492, no change.

Is anybody using the SIS-900 successfully out there?

I could imagine it is a problem with the combination EUMEX724/Sis900
because this performance makes the SIS NIC useless for everybody.

It works fine under windows and worked with my old 10 Mbit STP/BNC
realtec card equally fine under windows and FreeBSD. The realtec nic
works also fine with the EUMEX724-Router on a Win98-box now in STP mode.

Greetings
Fritz Heinrichmeyer