Date:      Sat, 04 Jul 1998 07:20:04 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyesf@newsguy.com>
To:        "advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG" <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Advocates, speak up! (re: just something to say)

On Sat, 04 Jul 1998 02:27:13 -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>> What I was thinking of today (i.e. the reason I joined this list) was
>> that something like a full/half page ad in the Tuesday New York Times
>> may be an eye opener.
>
>Believe it or not, the hardest part of doing this is writing something
>worthy of a NYT advertisement.  The money is easy by comparison. :)
>Jordan

If the problem is writing/production then why don't we also get the
money to hire someone to help us with this. Couldn't we try
approaching some marketting firms?

I think if we approach a marketting firm, even if they are not Unix
aware we can explain the situtation: we have a product, it is free,
supported by volunteers and technically competitive. We lack
mindshare and recognition..... some well known companies are using it
and would not mind us mentioning them.....

Don't know how much such firms may charge, but it may be worth a shot
trying to find out.

We could talk to some of the companies, like Yahoo, to see if they
could give us pointers on what marketting firms they use. Also see if
they may contribute to the ad some money since their name will be
there and will in itself be an ad for them too.