Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:35:04 +0100
From:      Juan Rodriguez Hervella <jrh@it.uc3m.es>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI on FreeBSD-4.9-RELEASE, silly question

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 21:02, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 08:23:08PM +0100, Juan Rodriguez Hervella wrote:
> > I've just added the "device acpica" to my kernel,
> > and after rebooting it seems to be working well.
> >
> > What I haven't found is any tool to use this. I
> > see that FreeBSD-5.1 has "acpiconf" and
> > "acpidump", but it seems that FreeBSD-4.9 doesn't
> > have them.
>
> ports: devel/acpicatools should be something that interests you.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

I've just installed "acpicatools-20030523.0" package using
"portinstall" and there are only 2 commands:

acpidump
acpicadb (this doesn't have man page !!)

So... I still don't have "acpiconf"....

Should I wait until KDE-3.2 ?
I've just wanted to test this on my new laptop, but it's not
very important....just I was curious because I don't know
what's exactly this stuff of acpi... :)

Thanks!

--
JFRH