Date:      Fri, 03 Nov 2000 14:45:01 +0100
From:      Janusz Szpilewski <janusz.szpilewski@vz.cit.alcatel.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gigabyte 6BXU and 4.1.1-RELEASE or greater

Markus Binz wrote:

> I just tried to upgrade a machine with a gigabyte 6bxu motherboard. The
> kernel hangs after "isa_probe_children: probing PnP devices". With a
> 4.0-STABLE kernel, the board runs fine. I have tried with the
> 4.1.1-RELEASE kernel and later. Anyone has seen this?

Try boot -c and disable all I/O devices. Once I had a similar problem
and with trial and error I found that it was my (empty) pccard slot that
caused an endless loop when device interrupts were handled.
(Surprisingly it works fine when the system is warm-booted from Windows)

Maybe your problem is similar and you can try to find that device
handled poorly...

Greetings,
Janusz