Date:      Sun, 07 Nov 1999 23:32:38 -0500
From:      Jon Parise <jcptch@osfmail.isc.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: journaling fs--news--

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 10:21:06PM -0600, John Sconiers wrote:

> It appears to be GPL'd with certain exceptions however locaed at:
>
> http://devlinux.org/namesys/
>
> They clearly state they'd like to see it ported to different operating
> systems.

I work with Chris Mason, the programmer the worked on the majority
of the journalling code.  He expressed an interest in seeing the
file system ported to additional platforms, but he doesn't plan on
doing any of the porting himself.

They've done a lot of good work on ReiserFS, and I'd like to see it
ported to FreeBSD.  Any takers? =)

--
Jon Parise (parise@pobox.com)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology
http://www.pobox.com/~parise/  :  Computer Science House Member