Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:46:21 -0500
From:      "Schroeder, Aaron" <Aaron.Schroeder@qg.com>
To:        'Andrew Gallatin' <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        "Schroeder, Aaron" <ajschroeder@BUTLER.TMSComputers.com>, "'freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Alpha 2100 -CURRENT install (WAS:RE: DigitalServer 5305 install r evisited...)

This is just a follow-up mail, or an FYI as it were. I mentioned that I
would try to install 5.0-CURRENT onto a "non-white" alpha to see if I get
the same behavior.

For those of you who don't remember, I was trying to install 5.0 onto a
white "NT-only" DigtalServer 5305 with a mylex card, when the installer was
copying files from CD or FTP, the copy rate would just degrade down to a
halt, and the install stops.

When I am on a non-RAID card, everything installs fine.

Well, on this 2100, I tried to install 5.0DP1 onto it with a Mylex array, it
displays the same type of behavior as the 5305 did. I do remember loading
4.2 onto this 2100 with a Mylex array, but that was some time ago. In either
case, it doesn't work on a "real" alphaserver or a "NT-Only" alphaserver
under 5.0DP1. From what I understand about CURRENT, it is no where close to
release code so I expect things not to work under that version. I will try
4.5 to see if the install completes or not.

Where do I go from there? A PR Perhaps?

AJ Schroeder