Date:      Tue, 08 Apr 2003 13:54:09 -0600
From:      "Lord Sith" <lordsith49@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE RAID and FreeBSD

Anyone using HighPoint IDE RAID cards and FreeBSD? (either 4 or 5)

I'm considering constructing a simple RAID 1 array for my home network file
server. So far I've narrowed it down to a HighPoint RocketRAID 133 or the
RocketRAID 1520 to go into my Celeron 400/66 & ABIT BH6 system.

Can you hot swap the IDE drives?
How is the management/monitoring within FreeBSD?
How well do the HighPoint drivers behave?

What about Promise cards? I know they don't have a FreeBSD management
utility, but if they are stable enough I guess I can rebuild the array
within the BIOS utility.