Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 2015 21:49:17 -0300
From:      =?UTF-8?B?T3RhY8OtbGlv?= <otacilio.neto@bsd.com.br>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pwcview error when taking snapshots

Em 03/12/2015 08:26, Matthias Apitz escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to use the cam of my netbook Acer C720 to take snapshots. The cam itself
> works (i.e. gives picture on the screen) with:
>
> $ pwcview -k
> Webcam set to: 320x240 (sif) at 5 fps
>
> but when I take snapshots it gives an error:
>
> $ pwcview -h -c 1 -o foo.jpg
> Webcam set to: 320x240 (sif) at 5 fps
> libv4l2: error turning on stream: Device not configured
> libv4l2: error reading: Invalid argument
> Error reading from webcam: Invalid argument
> $
>
> This is with 11-CURRENT r285885 amd64 and ports r392920 (around July this
> year).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 	matthias

Dear Matthias

Sorry the delay to  reply. I tried the two commands that you send and it
works fine. My system is:

FreeBSD Xbeaglebone 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r292177M: Mon Dec 14 05:35:35 BRT 2015     ota@Xbeaglebone:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

and this machine is a guest running on Virtualbox.

[]'s
-OtacĂ­lio