Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:15:31 -0000
From:      "Barry Byrne" <barry.byrne@wbtsystems.com>
To:        "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>, "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Getting Perl scripts to work as mail filters

Are you sure there is no error - did you check the sendmail log?

You will need to ensure the script is listed in your sm.bin directory (man
smrsh).

Briefly:

in /etc/mail/aliases:

	mymail:	"| perlfilter"

in sm.bin (location varies - possibly /usr/libexec/sm.bin)

	ln -s /path/to/my/perfilter perlfilter

Cheers,

Barry