Date:      Sun, 08 Oct 2000 21:51:47 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: username with -

Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:

> Hi,
> Our adduser let me add username with a dash inside (I use them to identify
> the user of virtual domains), like :
> ac-info
>
> But rmuser refuse to delete them :
> gmarco:/home/gmarco# rmuser ac-info
> Sorry, login name must contain alphanumeric characters only.
>
> So, who is right ? adduser or rmuser ?

	I think a better question is, why does rmuser need to check the
validity of the username at all?  Shouldn't it just use getpwnam() to
make sure the user is in the db and set the variables? If the user is
there, rmuser ought to be able to remove it.

Doug
--
        "The dead cannot be seduced."
		- Kai, "Lexx"