Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:52:29 +0100
From:      Miguel Ramos <miguel@anjos.strangled.net>
To:        Martin Hepworth <maxsec@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Richard Collyer <richard@firebadger.net>
Subject:   Re: Bind as a chaching nameserver

AND make sure that either /etc/resolv.conf doesn't exist or that it
contains a single nameserver line like this:

nameserver 127.0.0.1

otherwise your local nameserver isn't queried.

You see, there's really nothing else to do on a standard installation of
freebsd...
1- named_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf
2- either delete /etc/resolv.conf or use nameserver 127.0.0.1

The default /etc/namedb/named.conf that comes installed does exactly
what you want.

--
Miguel