Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:32:45 +0100
From:      Anand Buddhdev <arb@anand.org>
To:        Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
Cc:        Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WAP-server [Was Re: entropy]

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 04:53:25PM +0100, Paul Everlund wrote:

> Do anyone by the way know if a special web-server is required for
> serving wap-pages, i.e. can one use Apache? If not, what's out there?
> Will take a look in the ports tree to see if I find anything.

A "wap page" is nothing more than content that has been marked up with
WML, the wireless mark-up language. You can serve WML content with any
webserver, including apache. Just add a line like this to the httpd.conf
file:

AddType text/vnd.wap.wml .wml

Where .wml is the file extension you use for your WML pages.

--
Anand Buddhdev
http://anand.org