Date:      Wed, 19 May 2004 17:35:30 -0400
From:      Jesse Guardiani <jesse@wingnet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd + linux dual boot share filesystem?

Hello,

I'm about to setup a dual boot of linux + freebsd
(5.2.1-RELEASE) on a 160gb hard disk. I'd really
like linux and freebsd to share (be able to read
and write) the bulk of the disk so that I can work
in either environment freely.

FreeBSD's ext2fs kernel module would seem preferable
over a msdosfs install (yuck...), but SYS-NOTES
labels it as dangerous for even read-only.

Is FreeBSD capable of reliable ext2fs read+write?

If not, is there a filesystem besides msdosfs that
I can share between FreeBSD and Linux?

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator