Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 00:21:58 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Chris McCoy <chris@sloth.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: floppy

Chris McCoy wrote:

> i am having trouble mounting the floppy
>
> i do mount /dev/fd0 /mnt
>
> and gives me an error "/dev/fd0 on /mnt : Incorrect super block

If it's a DOS floppy you need to do

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt

> any help is appreated
>
> Chris McCoy
> chris@sloth.org

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd
Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com