Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2006 04:26:52 +0300
From:      "Ivan Levchenko" <levchenko.i@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pppNAT woes =(

Hello All,

Internet adsl - PPPoE. ( i don't have access to the router/modem)

Current setup:

One ethernet cord that I got from the ISP that is connected to a switch
three computers (one freebsd and 2 windows) connected to the same switch

I am able to connect to the internet from any of my boxes. I want to
setup a pppnat on freebsd so that all of my computers can use the same
connection.

When i connect from freebsd, internet works, but when i add the ip
address of my freebsd box as the default gateway to the connection in
windows, it doesn't work. Here are my configs:

/etc/ppp/ppp.conf

default:
  #set log Phase tun command # you can add more detailed logging if you wish
  #set ifaddr 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
  set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
wp:
  set device PPPoE:rl0 # replace xl1 with your Ethernet device
  set authname ####
  set authkey ####
  #set dial
  set ctsrts off
  #set login
  add default HISADDR
  #enable dns
  set mru 1492
  set mtu 1492
  set timeout 0
  set redial 0 0
  enable lqr

/etc/rc.conf
font8x14="cp866-8x14"
font8x16="cp866b-8x16"
font8x8="cp866-8x8"
#gateway_enable="YES"
hostname="proxy1"
ifconfig_rl0="inet 192.168.0.236  netmask 255.255.255.0"
inetd_enable="YES"
keymap="ru.koi8-r"
linux_enable="YES"
mousechar_start="3"
scrnmap="koi8-r2cp866"
sshd_enable="YES"
usbd_enable="YES"
#We do not need sendmail
sendmail_enable="NO"
#PPP nat enable
ppp_enable="YES"
ppp_mode="ddial"
ppp_nat="YES"
ppp_profile="wp"
ppp_user="root"

/boot/loader.conf
ng_UI_load="YES"
ng_ether_load="YES"
ng_ppp_load="YES"        # PPP protocol netgraph node type
ng_pppoe_load="YES"      # RFC 2516 PPPOE protocol netgraph node type
ng_socket_load="YES"

custom kernal:
machine         i386
cpu             I686_CPU
ident           MYKERNEL

makeoptions     DEBUG=-g                # Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols

options         SCHED_ULE               # ULE scheduler
options         PREEMPTION              # Enable kernel thread preemption
options         INET                    # InterNETworking
options         FFS                     # Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         SOFTUPDATES             # Enable FFS soft updates support
options         UFS_ACL                 # Support for access control lists
options         UFS_DIRHASH             # Improve performance on big directories
options         MD_ROOT                 # MD is a potential root device
options         NFSCLIENT               # Network Filesystem Client
options         NFSSERVER               # Network Filesystem Server
options         NFS_ROOT                # NFS usable as /, requires NFSCLIENT
options         MSDOSFS                 # MSDOS Filesystem
options         CD9660                  # ISO 9660 Filesystem
options         PROCFS                  # Process filesystem (requires PSEUDOFS)
options         PSEUDOFS                # Pseudo-filesystem framework
options         GEOM_GPT                # GUID Partition Tables.
options         COMPAT_43               # Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD4         # Compatible with FreeBSD4
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD5         # Compatible with FreeBSD5
options         SCSI_DELAY=5000         # Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options         KTRACE                  # ktrace(1) support
options         SYSVSHM                 # SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 # SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 # SYSV-style semaphores
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING # POSIX P1003_1B real-time
extensions
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV        # install a CDEV entry in /dev
options         AHC_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                                        # output.  Adds ~128k to driver.
options         AHD_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                                        # output.  Adds ~215k to driver.
options         ADAPTIVE_GIANT          # Giant mutex is adaptive.

device          apic                    # I/O APIC

device          eisa
device          pci

device          fdc

device          ata
device          atadisk         # ATA disk drives
device          ataraid         # ATA RAID drives
device          atapicd         # ATAPI CDROM drives
device          atapifd         # ATAPI floppy drives
device          atapist         # ATAPI tape drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID   # Static device numbering
device          atapicam

device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required for SCSI)
device          ch              # SCSI media changers
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          cd              # CD
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)
device          ses             # SCSI Environmental Services (and SAF-TE)

device          atkbdc          # AT keyboard controller
device          atkbd           # AT keyboard
device          psm             # PS/2 mouse

device          kbdmux          # keyboard multiplexer

device          vga             # VGA video card driver

device          sc

device          agp             # support several AGP chipsets

device          pmtimer

device          cbb             # cardbus (yenta) bridge
device          pccard          # PC Card (16-bit) bus
device          cardbus         # CardBus (32-bit) bus

device          sio             # 8250, 16[45]50 based serial ports

device          ppc
device          ppbus           # Parallel port bus (required)
device          lpt             # Printer
device          plip            # TCP/IP over parallel
device          ppi             # Parallel port interface device

device          miibus          # MII bus support
device          re              # RealTek 8139C+/8169/8169S/8110S
device          rl              # RealTek 8129/8139

device          wlan            # 802.11 support

device          loop            # Network loopback
device          random          # Entropy device
device          ether           # Ethernet support
device          sl              # Kernel SLIP
device          ppp             # Kernel PPP
device          tun             # Packet tunnel.
device          pty             # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
device          md              # Memory "disks"
device          gif             # IPv6 and IPv4 tunneling
device          faith           # IPv6-to-IPv4 relaying (translation)

device          bpf             # Berkeley packet filter

device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
device          ehci            # EHCI PCI->USB interface (USB 2.0)
device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
device          ugen            # Generic
device          uhid            # "Human Interface Devices"
device          ukbd            # Keyboard
device          ulpt            # Printer
device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
device          ums             # Mouse

Please help me out with this.. I really need it to run on freebsd.

Thanks to all in advance.