Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 22:19:05 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew Perry <andrew@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        Rolfe <rolfe@richmond.infi.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mac Server

when i posed a similar question recently i was told that NETATALK is the
solution. i've yet to try it but a few people who have recommended it.
Apparently it's included with freebsd 2.2

Someone else also said that if the mac used open transport (i've
absolutely no idea what that is though so i hope you do), then it would
communicate with the freebsd box without any special software running on
said freebsd box.

Freebsd is definitely the answer, what was the question? :-)

This is only a starting point you realise (i hope). i'm told that mac's
are user friendly. if you start using unix you are going to have to start
excercising grey matter i'm afraid. :)

hope this is at least a little helpful

Andrew Perry
andrew@shoal.net.au