Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 2010 14:03:56 -0400
From:      Jon Radel <jon@radel.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Re: how do i scp .dotfiles??

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--------------ms010708030307020209020700

On 8/27/10 1:51 PM, Gary Kline wrote:

> 	i've already done 98 or so straight scp copies.   the thing is how
> 	to use rsync over to an empty ethic? [[ empty =3D=3D "there are no \
> 	dot files not .directories"]  i want EVERYTHING from this desktop,
> 	tao, temp on ethic.
>
> 	thanks
>
>   =20
An alternative I use sometimes when there is ample disk space on the=20
source machine is to create a big tar file of everything in the user's=20
home directory, scp the tar file, and then extract into the new home=20
directory on the destination machine.  Personally I find that slightly=20
easier to keep track of.

There are many ways to skin this cat....

--=20

--Jon Radel
jon@radel.com

--------------ms010708030307020209020700--