Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 09:21:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      matt <matt@BabCom.ORG>
To:        Herbert Chang <zhang_huabin@hotmail.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which mail server is the best? qmail, postfix or exim?

This is, of course, a manner of opinion, but I'll be happy to share my
expierences. I find qmail terrific for smaller machines or sites, it's
functional and has a safe feel to it. However, I've been more happy with
postfix in large environments, with potentially a large amount of vhosts
needed, it's dynamic and well suited for this task, I run it as my main
server, run qmail on the other box though.

Both are good choices in my opinion, depending on what you wish to do.
Postfix does have the advantage of being more compatible with sendmail
based applications then qmail does though. As for exim, I've never used it
so I cannot comment. Hope this helps you some. These are soley my personal
opinions, so lets not start a debate on mail servers =)

Matt