Date:      20 Dec 1998 16:35:54 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   New user group!

Eivind and I are pleased to announce the creation of the Oslo FreeBSD
User Group (OFUG, pronounced "Oh, fuck!", as in what I say half an
hour after committing a patch that breaks make world, or what Eivind
says after reading mail from Bruce).

OFUG's first meeting was held yesterday at my place with myself,
Eivind and three FreeBSD l^Husers present, and was marked by heavy
consumption of cooked fowl (prepared by Eivind, who is as good a cook
as he is a committer, with assistance from yours truly, who is as poor
a cook as he is a committer) and wh^H^Horange juice of various brands
(including Aberlour and MacAllan).

The purpose of OFUG is to provide a focal point for FreeBSD in the
Oslo area (plus/minus a few hundred miles). Membership is granted upon
request to anyone who develops, uses or has heard of FreeBSD. Meetings
are held at irregular intervals in any place with an adequate supply
of wh^H^Horange juice and other life-essential supplies.

Happy hacking,

DES (pash me she whish... (hic) oranshe tshuishe!)
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no