Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 1997 23:06:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dmitry Kohmanyuk <dk@dog.farm.org>
To:        jwd@unx.sas.com (John W. DeBoskey)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nfs v3 & network appliance

In article <199708111810.AA02182@iluvatar.unx.sas.com> you wrote:
>    I have a copy of the latest snap up and running. Using nfs to
> access our v2 nfs servers works like a champ. However, trying to
> access a network appliance nfs fileserver which speaks v3 locks
> up tight.

>    Does anyone have any ideas (or comments) that I might try? Has
> anyone actually used -current against a netapp fileserver?

I have used different vintages of 2.2 branch, and it stopped
working around October (not very sure, but NFSv3 is broken in
2.2.1 and later; maybe it was fixed very recently).
No idea about current, but I expect it to be in the same stage.

The quick test is rm -rf big directory structure (like /sys tree).

We run F330 with 4.1c (tried with several versions starting with 4.0 betas).

Try disabling tcp mounts (if you enable them on a client);  NetApp claim
a bug in v3/TCP.

--
"Now is the time for the quick brown fox to jump over the moon."
        - rblander@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca