Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 10:45:34 -0400
From:      raviprasad20@netscape.net
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   mbuf organization

Hi,
My doubt is how data will be organized in buffers in case we want to transmit large amount of data.
My doubt is regarding the organization of mbufs in case we want to transmit the maximum ip datagram size.

In the normal case data is stored in clusters for data size greater than 208 bytes.

My doubt is how the data will be organized in case of such large data. If mbufs are used we will have a long chain. Whether any other buffers are used.how the data is organized in such a case?

How the data will be organized in case we want to transmit jumbograms in ipv6. I think that cluster concept of 2K bytes is too small.

regards
ravi prasad