Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:23:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Steve Bertrand" <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vinum clarification

I am wanting to set up a vinum configuration so that I have a spanned
volume containing a large partition on one drive, and a second entire
disk. I am a little confused whether I need to build a striped or
concat volume.

The usable size on one disk is different from the usable size on the
other disk. From what I gather from the man pages and some howto's
found on the 'net, does this look like a reasonable config, or should
I use type stripe instead?

drive d1 device /dev/ad1s1e
drive d2 device /dev/ad2e
  volume span
    plex org concat
        sd length 40000m drive d1
    plex org concat
   	sd length 118000m drive d2

Unfortunately, I am not in a position to try this on a test network,
so this will be done on a hot production box. I understand that it
will wipe out data, but in this instance, both areas to be used are
currently empty.

Tks for any advice.