Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 23:47:11 -0600
From:      Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org, dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc:        devel@xfree86.org
Subject:   Glide3 CVS now working on FreeBSD

I've managed to compile up a version of the latest glide3 that gives me OpenGL
acceleration on FreeBSD with a Voodoo3 under Xfree86-4.0.2 (although only as a
user - root fails to authenticate for some reason). I'll test it on a Voodoo5
once I get one. It was rather tedious work, (basically looking for every ifdef
involving linux and making the appropriate additions) and once I figure out
how to tweak autoconf/automake to use the appropriate files I'll post a bunch
of patches.

My next step is to start working on getting the latest DRI code to work under
FreeBSD. I've chosen the Voodoo stuff to do this because it has the simplest
kernel drivers (unlike my old G400). I guess the DRI people can poke me as
needed - I see a lot of work has gone on with the new Voodoo drivers plus the
Radeon.

	Stephen
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California