Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:59:09 +0530
From:      Mukul Priyadarshi <Mukul_Priyadarshi@infosys.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@freeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Need help: TACACS+

--_015_6C397EF9C535724B813BC12B999FC8F8549D06C7PUNITPMBX01adin_

Hello,

We are planning to use TACACS+ for user authentication of an application=
 serve. The pictorial description of our requirement is shown below:
Server 1
With go global server, PAM and TACACS+

Application server

[cid:image013.gif@01C7EAEC.68F81A20][cid:image014.gif@01C7EAEC.68F81A20]
NW

NW

[cid:image015.gif@01C7EAEC.68F81A20][cid:image017.jpg@01C7EAEC.68F81A20][ci=
d:image019.gif@01C7EAEC.68F81A20]   [cid:image021.jpg@01C7EAEC.68F81A20]   =
  [cid:image019.gif@01C7EAEC.68F81A20]   =
 [cid:image022.gif@01C7EAEC.68F81A20]
X Terminal
With go global client

Server2 with authentication database

                                                          =
 [cid:image024.jpg@01C7EAEC.68F81A20]

System Specifications
Server 1:
>      sun 5 server v 250
>      TCP/IP connectivity - yes
>      28.8 Kbps or higher network connection - yes
>      128 MB RAM (8 MB for first user, 4.5 MB - yes
>      additional RAM per concurrent user, plus RAM -
>      required by published applications)
>       200 MB hard disk space - Yes
>      Go global server installed Version :  2-1-5-732

X terminal:
>      Native X (UNIX/Linux) clients - yes
>      X11 client - Yes
>      Internet Explorer or Netscape plug-in - yes
>      Go global client  installed Version :  2.1.5.732

Server2 with authentication database:
>      UNIX server.  No configuration details available so far

Our Query:
Can user profiles (Username and Password) that are present in Application=
 server be automatically uploaded on the Server2 with authentication=
 database, with the help of TACACS+ protocol?

Please provide us the required input at the earliest.
It shall be of great help if you could revert back to us. Looking forward=
 to response from your end.

Regards,
Mukul Priyadarshi
CONTACT PHONE NUMBER: 020 - 22974606
CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS:mukul_priyadarshi@infosys.com

This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended=
 solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended=
 recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original=
 message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail=
 or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful.=
 This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable=
 precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may=
 sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your=
 own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves=
 the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or=
 from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may=
 be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.
--_015_6C397EF9C535724B813BC12B999FC8F8549D06C7PUNITPMBX01adin_--