Date:      Fri, 10 May 1996 14:43:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        compland@ism.com.br, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NFS

Terry Lambert wrote:

> >    I nfs mounted a directory. The problem is that I don't want the users
> > going down the tree from that directory. I mean I want the users just to
> > see the nfs exported directory and it's subdirectories. How can I do that ?
>
> "subdirectories" == "going down the tree from that directory".
>
> I don't understand what you want... probably no one else does, either,
> since I  don't see any other responses.

	going towards root (cd ..) is my gues as to what he means by
	"going down the tree from that directory" (envision a directory
	tree with root at the bottom, where a tree's roots are ;)

	the users on the mahcine that mounts teh nfs exported directory
	cannot cd .. *on my filesystem* from the exported directory.
	(eg if i export /home/jmb/Papers/usenix from my machine to
	yours, you will not be able to access /home/jmb/Papers)

	they can, of course, cd .. on your filesystem (eg you mounted
	/home/jmb/Papers/usenix as /home/techreports/usenix, they will
	be able to cd .. to /home/techreports)

jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler           FreeBSD Postmaster             jmb@FreeBSD.ORG