Date:      Tue, 16 May 2006 08:52:33 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>
To:        "gs_stoller@juno.com" <gs_stoller@juno.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acquiring other versions of GCC (was no subject)

[Please keep the conversation on the mailing list]

On Tue, 16 May 2006 06:23:55 GMT
"gs_stoller@juno.com" <gs_stoller@juno.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 03, 2006 03:14 PM    Bill Moran wrote
>
> > [Please wrap your lines at around 72 chars]
> 	I do that if I can write the message in an editor that allows me
> that control.  This is written in Juno's reply window, I have no control
> there.

Then use a different MUA.

> <snip>
> > Have a look through /usr/ports/devel
> <snip>
> 	Don't you think that the  gcc  I get in one place of a distribution
> will be the same as that which I get from another place of that
> distribution?  If there is a reason to believe not, please inform me.

Huh?  Did you look?  What does thinking and believing have to do with
anything?
ls /usr/ports/lang | grep gcc
gcc-objc
gcc-ooo
gcc28
gcc295
gcc30
gcc32
gcc33
gcc34
gcc40
gcc41
gcc41-withgcjawt
gcc42
linux-libgcc

It looks like every version of gcc from 2.8 to 4.2.

BTW: I was wrong, the gcc ports are in /usr/ports/lang, not /usr/ports/devel.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.