Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 1995 14:56:57 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jdl@jdl.com (Jon Loeliger)
Cc:        phk@critter.tfs.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Video capture

Jon Loeliger stands accused of saying:

> I have the Vivo driver for it.  Somewhere.  I've got no idea how
> to even *begin* to do something like that...  Not afraid to do it,
> just clueless on Winblows/DOG...
>
> On the other hand, I'm willing to give it the ol' College Frob.
> I've now got a 53C810 PCI/SCSI card.  I should be able to connect
> the internal cable from the SCSI card to the video capture card
> and see if the device even probed...  Is that the thing to try?

Not if I understand the situation correctly; this is a video capture card
with an onboard SCSI controller, not a video capture card with a SCSI
interface.

> Wildly optimistic, if that appears to work, what is the application
> level software that I would even attempt to use then?

Well, you would have another SCSI bus for putting peripherals on, that's all.

> jdl

]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile) 041-122-496        [[
]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[