Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 22:43:33 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wine update

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Szilveszter Adam wrote:
> Oh. I am sad to hear that. (20001002 did not work for me either, it
> could not load its kernel after starting up. But as I mentioned it has
> since disappeared, maybe because it was a too problematic snapshot

Strange. On my 4.1-RELEASE box I just downloaded 20001002 (with `make`)
and it compiles and runs fine after some updates to the port.

> Hmmm. It is good that the problem got resolved, but I take both 4.1 and
> -CURRENT use the same gcc version... (2.95.2) Or am I missing something?

AFAIK, -CURRENT uses a snapshot of GCC 2.96 which may have some bugs.

>> ...and will send this to you, so that you can double check it.
> Yes, certainly!

I built, installed and deinstalled, and ran Notepad, Calc, Solitaire and
Forte Agent on FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE with my current patch set for 20001002
so I went ahead and submitted it as PR ports/21961. ;-)

If you can give these patches a try on -CURRENT, I'd certainly appreciate
that!

Cheers,
Gerald