Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 07:44:59 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good results with Wincast/TVdbx

Luigi Rizzo:
 |>      Well, more progress and much better results this evening with the new
 |> Wincast/TVdbx.  I tweaked Luigi's TV so it'll do 8bpp, 15bpp, and all
 |> weighting permutations of 16bpp with any card.  It special-cases 555 16bpp
 |
 |can you make the fixed version available ?

Sure, be glad to.  When I get off work this evening, I'll remove my
#ifdefs, put the kill-time delay back into the main loop, and mail you an
update.

 |Also, did you manage to control the tuner on the hauppauge ?

I don't have the info for that yet.  I need to contact Hauppauge again and
see if I can get someone to give me the info.  The guy I talked with last
said they're going to release official specs and an SDK for the entire
Wincast line in second quarter, but hopefully I can get some unofficial
info on the mappings for the tuner channel register and the tuner/video-in
switch register.  If I find out anything, I'll be sure and let you know.

Thanks,

Randy