Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 18:19:45 +0000 (GMT)
From:      pgl@moo.terminal.cz
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pcm0

Hi.

I'm trying to use the pcm code ("Luigi's Sound Code"), as suggested in
LINT with the pnp0 controller. Unfortunately, every time my machine
boots up, because I have pcm0 in the kernel, it detects it (improperly)
and then pnp properly detects my soundcard as pcm1. Whenever I try and
play a sound file, I get a message :

Nov  8 17:15:21 moo /kernel: pcm0: unit not configured, perhaps you want pcm1 ?

I've searched the handbook, FAQ, freebsd.org, used search engines, and I
can't come up with an answer.

What can I do?

Thanks,

--