Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:37:47 +0000
From:      Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   make world for a jail

I'm trying to make world for a jail build following the recipe in
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/09/04/jails.html

First off I started by updating the src tree. I copied
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile edited the host name

then I ran

SERVER=`fastest_cvsup -q -c ca,us`
cvsup -L2 -h $SERVER /root/bin/stable-supfile

that seemd fine and stuff appeared in /usr/src as expected.

mkdir /usr/jails
mkdir /usr/jails/mailserver
cd /usr/src
make world DESTDIR=/usr/jails/mailserver

Now I get an error building sendmail

chmod 444 freebsd.cf
rm -f freebsd.submit.cf
m4 -D_CF_DIR_=/usr/src/etc/sendmail/../../contrib/sendmail/cf/
/usr/src/etc/sendmail/../../contrib/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4
/usr/src/etc/sendmail/freebsd.submit.mc > freebsd.submit.cf
chmod 444 freebsd.submit.cf
ERROR: Required audit group is missing, see /usr/src/UPDATING.
*** Error code 1

I'm not sure what this means. I looked in UPDATING and see references to FreeBSD
6.1-RELEASE; so am I trying to build a 6.1 kernel with my 6.0 system?

I'm guessing that

*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6

should have been

*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6_0

One other thing is that during the build I saw sub makes going on that had a
different DESTDIR.

Eg
make -f Makefile.inc1 DESTDIR=/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp par-all

how do I get things built into my desired location or is the make world
eventually going to put them in the right place?
--
Robin Becker