Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 21:39:07 -0700
From:      Andrew Stuart <elitetek@tekrealm.net>
To:        John <freebsd-lists@reiteration.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup-mirror port

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001 at 05:10:16 +0100, John wrote:
--snip --

> CVSup update begins at 2001-09-23 04:07:06
> Updating from cvsup-master.freebsd.org
> Connected to cvsup-master.freebsd.org
> No record for server "freefall.freebsd.org" in
> "/home/cvsupin/.cvsup/auth"
> CVSup update ends at 2001-09-23 04:07:06
>
> cvspasswd generates a password line comprising of my email address and a
> md5 hash and instructs me to place the string
> cvsup-master.freebsd.org:email@your.domain:xxxxxx: (where xxxx is your
> plaintext password) into auth and to send the md5 hash string in a
> secure email to the upstream mirror admin (in this case cvsup-
> master.freebsd.org (aka freefall.freebsd.org)

--snip--

ok, the problem is. your only allowed to link to cvsup-master if you
meet the requirements, and IIRC they expect you to be an open mirror.
(someone correct me if im wrong)

what you need to do is edit your config.sh (normal install is
/usr/local/etc/cvsup/config.sh) and change the
host="cvsup-master.freebsd.org" to whatever the closest mirror to you
is. such as cvsup3.freebsd.org.

--
Andrew