Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 2002 22:31:17 -0500
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu>
To:        "Kenneth Mays" <kmays2000@hotmail.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: {Request} port/package updates for FreeBSD 4.6 stable -> 4.7

On Saturday 22 June 2002 09:49 pm, Kenneth Mays wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Putting in my request early for the holidays. Just some things I thought
> needed updating when looking through ports/packages on the 4.6R disk 1. Can
> these get updated for FBSD 4.7?!?

I'm confused.  Are you referring to base system components, or ports (as you
state)?  Because ports are under the control of their respective maintainers.
Contact them about upgrades.  They have nothing to do with -stable.

> 1. tar 1.13.25 (updating of default tar 1.11.2)

This is in the ports.  If you are referring to the base system, Maxim Sobolev
updated this for -current on June 4.  I don't believe there are any plans to
MFC it.

> 2. greed 3.3

This is the version in the ports.

> 3. hsftp 1.11.3

This doesn't exist.  The latest version, according to the author's website, is
1.11, which is in the ports.

> 4. mget 1.3.2.2-1

The version in the ports is 1.4.1.

> 5. ncftp 3.1.3-4

This is in the ports.

> 6. proftpd 1.2.5 <add>!!!

This is in the ports already.

> 7. db3 3.3.11-8

This is in the ports.  As is db4.

Please see http://www.freebsd.org/ports/ about what is in the ports.  You seem
very confused.  It may well be that these programs are not on disk 1 (they
may be on another of the disks).

-David

--
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand...

Astronomy and Astrophysics Center
The University of Chicago